We’re looking for an experienced hacker, confident working with many different web technologies. Able to demonstrate a love of technology and an interest in more than one programming language. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience building sophisticated, robust web based applications.
We have a startup ethos at nToklo. In this environment engineers participate in all aspects of the company and product lifecycle, including exploring requirements, scoping, testing, implementation, and operations. We have a small dynamic team who love technology, and who are heavily focused on collaboration. Our technical staff are comfortable presenting opinions about product features and encouraged to present new and innovative ideas to the team. We are self-starters, and autonomous; we’re problem solvers and we are constantly learning. In this atmosphere, nToklo is positioned within a fast paced, evolving market and has an ambitious roadmap that is implemented using exciting technology and informed by the ideas and innovations of each team member.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Participate and engage with the development team
- Scope, design, and implement new product features
- Collaborate with the whole team and communicate clearly in product discussions
- Design and implement tests that ensure the integrity of the product
- Design and implement performance improvements that ensure the product stays stable and robust
- Assist in resolving operational issues using lateral thinking and scientific, investigative reasoning.
Must have the following technology experience:
The ideal candidate will have much of the following technical experience:
Must have the following skill sets:
- Comfortable hacking on a Linux-based dev environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Be creative and love what you do, and be able to build good software applications with initiative
- Open to new technologies, and always eager to learn